Sunday, September 28, 2008

Staging

So my nomadic saga of moving, packing, repacking and repacking again continues. From a week in Seattle, to a week in Philadelphia sleeping on my brother's floor, to finally a room at the Holiday Inn- Historic dist. in Philly. Will be here till Tuesday morning. I do have my cell on me but I may be too busy to actually talk so it'd be a quick hi/bye.

I'm feeling a bit lazy/tired tonight so I will list some random highlights of the past two weeks:

- my computer died and Apple's genius bar didn't fix till the day I left for philly even though they had it in their custody for a week, and they had promised it back in two days. Very stressful. Their excuse? Sure it would only take 3 hours to actually fix it but their queues are backed up and there are other older wait times that need to be attended to. Totally makes me feel guilty about those users I let stew in my opens for a week when their problems were actually quick and easy fixes.

-Philly! Family! love them, heart them. So happy we all got spend a whole week together. It was a really good and cozy time.

- New York for a couple days included tasty tasty cookies from Levain, boat cruises, and Broadway. Speaking of family, isn't mine pretty?


- Liberty bell, Independance Hall, and Ben Franklin's non-existant house when we got back from New York

- Lots and lots of tv and couch chillin'

- Parents went home. very very sad.

- Brother drops me off at Holiday Inn. Also sad.

- No longer Peace Corps Invitee. Now officially Peace Corps Trainee. very cool

- Meet training group. Very cool kids. Like them bunches. Plus they're fun to hang out with.

- Maria ( my room mate) and I found a mouse in our hotel room. It looks like a pet that got left behind by a family. Holiday Inn concierge very unalarmed and unconcerned when we let them know there's a mouse in our room. Basically just shrugged their shoulders and said, "So?". Well so, Maria and I have decided to name the mouse Shadow, since I didn't want to believe there's a mouse in the room and almost convinced Maria that it was just a shadow... and then the darned thing scurried right past as though summoned.

- sleepy, tired, want to go to bed but must call mom. Good night!

No comments: